Study in BC Contest
Study in BC’s Annual Photo Contest Returns for 2021!
Submit photos that showcase how you live, study, and play in British Columbia for a chance to win an iPad Mini!
The more photos you submit, the greater the chance you have to win. You are welcome to submit as many entries as you like, and there are no restrictions on the number of submissions per day, as long as you adhere to contest rules.
An iPad Mini, proudly sponsored by Ryerson Education Group.
|January 11, 09:00 PST||Contest launch|
|February 12, 17:00 PST||Contest closes|
Contest Eligibility and Rules
1. You must be an international student or alumni from one of the following:
- Public or independent high school in BC;
- Public or private, EQA-designated, language institution;
- Public or private, EQA-designated, post-secondary institution.
- Check the Registry of EQA Designated Institutions (PDF) to see if your school is EQA-designated.
2. You must be over the age of 18 at the time of entry or have a parent/legal guardian complete this consent form.
3. Submitted content must be your original work.
How to Enter
Four (4) photos with captions = One (1) contest entry
2. Each entry must include four (4) non-blurry, non-pixelated photos that focus on you, your study environment, and/or your experience in BC.
3. Each photo must include:
- A geotag (the name of the location of where you took the photo); and,
- A caption that explains your photo (e.g. what was happening, what were your thoughts at the time the photo was taken, what was your experience, etc.)
4. Your photos must be in JPEG or PNG format.
5. You can enter daily to increase your chances of winning.
6. Your photos must be unique. Submitting the same photo multiple times will not count as additional entry.
Note: Photo submissions will be shared on the Study in BC Instagram and Twitter periodically.
The selection committee will randomly draw from the pool of entries and review the photo and description. This process will continue until all members of the committee are equally satisfied with the quality of the submission.
The selected entrant will be contacted via email. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within five (5) business days, or there is a return of any notification as undeliverable, the selected entrant will be disqualified, and BCCIE reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select an alternate entrant.
The selected entrant will be asked to provide his/her current contact information and a BC mailing address for prize delivery.
Photography Rule of Thumb
- Blurry and pixelated shots; and,
- Unleveled horizon shots.
The following themes are suggestions to help you get started. You are not restricted to these photos:
- Nature and surroundings: Urban and outdoor adventures, natural landscapes such as mountains, parks, lakes, beaches etc.
- Community life: The city where you studied or travelled, host family, local shopping, local community events or gatherings etc.
- School life: Your classroom, favorite teacher, favorite subject, field trips, campus life, dorm rooms etc.
- Sports of BC: Favourite or newly learned sports played while traveling, favourite sports team, a game you attended whether that is at school or at stadium etc.
- Holidays and festivals: What are some of your favourite events that you got to see in BC?
- Taste of BC: What are some of your favourite dishes you have experienced in BC?
- BC seasons: Summer, spring, fall, winter
All submissions will grant BCCIE permission to display and publish the content received in print materials and online (Study in BC, BCCIE, and BC Study Abroad websites, social media, and partner organization platforms). By entering the Study in BC Photo Contest, you will be giving BCCIE and its key programs permission to use your photos and descriptions for future marketing and promotional purposes. If including people and subjects in your photograph, please ensure you have their consent to use them for your image for these purposes. If the winner currently resides outside of Canada, he or she is responsible for all applicable taxes, duties, and fees for receiving the grand prize shipment.
The Study in BC and the Study in BC Photo Contest are administered by the BC Council for International Education (BCCIE).