Work while studying

As an international student in Canada, you must prove that you have enough money to live in the province and study without the need for paid work. However, you may be able to work on or off campus if you:

  • Are a full-time student
  • Have a valid study permit
  • Are enrolled in a eligible post-secondary institution (to work off campus)

Some programs also offer co-op education or work terms that count for school credits, and the same conditions above may apply. The best way to know is to check with an International Advisor at your institution or you can learn more at the Government of Canada’s Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Work Study webpage.