Scholarships and financial help
Study in BC Writers’ Award
Are you a post-secondary international student currently studying at a BC post-secondary institution? Apply for a Study in BC Writers’ Award for a chance to receive $1,000 to use towards your tuition fee.
You are a full-time or a part-time international student currently enrolled at a BC Post-Secondary institution. (Students who are currently living in their home country due to COVID-19 but are attending classes virtually at a BC institution are eligible to apply.)
How to Apply:
Download and complete the application form. Email the completed form and additional required documentation in ONE PDF with the subject line reading “Study in BC Writers’ Award Application” to email@example.com.
Expectations and Requirements:
Winner(s) will work closely with BCCIE Communications to develop blog topics and content, and will be required to submit the following before receiving funding:
- Three (3), 300-400 words, original and unpublished, blog posts. Each blog post must include at least one (1) photo. You are welcome to submit more than one photo if you like.
- One (1), photo album with at least ten (10) high-resolution photos (in JPEG format).
This is a great opportunity for you to gain professional experience, build your portfolio, and earn $1,000 to use towards your tuition!
Award Funding Distribution:
After completing the requirements, a cheque for the full Award value will be sent directly to the BC post-secondary institution you are attending for use against your tuition fees.
Award Application Submission Deadline: Sunday, November 1, 2020, at 11:59 PM PT.
Need financial help? There are many great resources and ideas to fund your studies. Start by checking with the International Education Office at your school to learn about scholarships and bursaries available for international students.
There may also be federal scholarships available depending on your home country. Here are few links to visit:
- The Government of Canada offers funding for foreign students
- The Canadian Bureau for International Education has scholarships for international students
- If you are a graduate student, the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships program awards eligible doctoral students with $50,000 per year for up to three years.